Our capabilities for IP testing include:
- IP1x to IP6x from BS EN 60529:1992 + A2: 2013 and DIN 40 050 part 9
- IPx1 to IPx8 from BS EN 60529:1992 + A2: 2013
- IPx1 to IPx9K from DIN 40 050 part 9.
The table below indicates the IP code severities and covers:
- Protection against solid object entry (tools, wire or finger) for live parts, moving machinery, through to dust tightness
- Protection against dripping water (rain & spray), through to high pressure steam cleaning
- Dunk/Submersion waterproofing
The first digit in an IP code indicates the degree of protection from solid foreign objects.
The second digit indicates the degree of protection from liquids.
|First digit||Ingress limit||Second digit||Ingress limit|
|0||Not evaluated||0||Not evaluated|
|1||≥50.0 mm Ø object||1||Dripping water: vertical|
|2||≥12.5 mm Ø object||2||Dripping water: 15° tilt|
|3||≥2.5 mm Ø object||3||Spraying water|
|4||≥1.0 mm Ø object||4||Splashing water|
|6||Dust-tight||6||Powerful jetting water|
|9K||DIN Standard – Hot high pressure jet/steam clean|